Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!

So it's a new year, a new decade, 2010. To be honest, as far as resolutions go, if I manage to be able to write 2010 on my checks and notes to the school, I'll be doing well. I could make a resolution not to make anymore stupid mistakes with my meds, but mistakes are pretty resolute-proof. At least for me they are.

So, most likely I will continue to do things like forgetting to take one of my heart meds (yes, I do use one of those daily pill thingies...sad, huh?) and end up having angina during the holidays. I could make a resolution to write more, but resolutions to write tend to freeze my brain, and contrary to a Twitter post I just re-tweeted, eating ice cream does nothing for writer's block.

I could make a resolution to love God more, but that's like making decision to breathe. I love God, and my love for Him is a growing thing. Of course there are things I can do to build and encourage my love for Him, just like married people have date nights and time alone together to build on their relationships. Resolving to doing these things is essentially resolving to continue being me, because my life is wrapped up and engulfed in my Lord, and this awesome walk with Him.

Actually, making a resolution to keep on being me is not a bad idea. Sometimes I feel trapped in a world that wants not only to design a mold for me, but also to shove me into it no matter how badly it fits. Once again my salvation comes from a God that designed and built my original mold, and has spent my entire life encouraging me to live in it freely.


I don't know, I think I am rambling...but that's what's going through my mind right now. Rambling, silly, confused stuff.

Huh. This may be one resolution I can actually keep.

No comments:

My Zimbio