Friday, March 2, 2012

Some really neat people with really neat blogs!

So, it's a snowy Thursday, the beginning of March. We're all familiar with the whole "Lion, Lamb" thing. I'm just glad that March is finally here.

I went out into the wild. white weather to do a few errands, and came home very grateful for my big, solid boat of a car and with a return of the angina. So the rest of the day will be quiet. Hopefully.

Which leads me to a wonderful blogging idea that a smart young friend of mine brought up recently. She suggested writing a blog entry about our favorite blogs(other than our own, of course). To be honest, I think that this is such a good idea, it should be a regular feature. While I may not agree with everything I read (and fervently hope that no one just blindly agrees with everything I write, either), there are many gems of wisdom and humor and life in the voices of these writers.

So, without further ado, here are a few of my favorite things....blogging things, that is.

Hands down, my favorite is my daughter, Grace Stevenson's blog. While Grace is a profound and thoughtful writer, this blog leans more towards representing things that she enjoys. I, as her mother, love the pictures and quotes that make up the aspects of her personality that she wants to share with the world. She is interesting and funny, as well as having a deep, intuitive spirituality that is based on a faithful, loving, honest relationship with her God. What can I say? I am her biggest fan, and a wildly proud momma!

I am also really enjoying a blog by another young woman, Amber, called "The Ups and Downs and All Arounds of 20" . It's a fairly new blog, and already Amber had lit up the page with her cheerful, friendly personality. Those who know her can almost hear her giggling as she writes. Amber shares about her loves, especially her new fur-baby, a Siberian pup named Dutchess, her life at work and school, as well as the many things that go through the mind of a 20 year old young woman moving forward in life and love.

Then there is this lovely blog called "A Pot of Tea and a Biscuit" Need I say more?

"Razing Ruth" is written by an extraordinarily honest, brave young woman who's journey is leading her out of a strict, oppressively controlling fundemantal Christian family and church. Her story is heart-breaking, and incredibly inspirational. She is courageously real about the consequences of being raised in a dysfuntionally sheltered and controlled environment. Her insights and stories, as she makes her way through college, work and relationships are sometimes painful but I am always left with a deep respect for her strength. You'll find yourself cheering her on, and looking at your life with a little more gratitude.

"The Chronicle of Wasted Time" is anything but a waste of time. Alyson is a incredibly gifted artist, and that alone makes her blog worth checking out. Her writing is simply wonderful icing on an already delicious cake. I especially love the posts where she kindly shares her process with us, so that we can catch a glimpse of how much work and attention go into getting the vision from the artist's mind to our eyes. Wonderful.

Lastly, one of my favorite "Jesus" blogs is "The Jesus Virus". There is just so much to think about, so much to challenge the way I think and live my life, and more importantly, the way I allow Jesus to live His life through me. I love the author's authenticity and transparency as he shares stories from his life, and he encourages his readers to do the same. I have new blog entries sent to my email account, and enjoy being challenged and encouraged with every entry.

This list is in no way complete. I think I may try to write a post like this every month. It's a great way to promote the blogs that I enjoy, and to share some of the great stuff I get to read every month.

Who knew there were so many talented, interesting people out there? :)

No comments:

My Zimbio