Monday, June 18, 2012

Nap time smackdown ~ something a little lighter.

Last week felt a bit heavy, so I thought I'd start out today with something a little lighter.

On Saturday afternoon, I had gone upstairs to take a nap. Normally I just snooze for a bit on the couch if I need to, but it had been a rough week physically and it felt good to take time to sleep some of the afternoon heat away. Jean-Luc followed, because, lets face it, he's a cat and therefore genetically programmed to sleep his life away. Buddy also came up with us.  Jean-Luc took his usual spot on the pillow next to mine, Buddy tucked himself under my chin and we all drifted off to dreamland.



Buddy woke up first.  I groggily plopped his beanie baby pig in front of him. He played with it for a bit, and then resumed his wriggling.  Trying to buy some more time, I tucked him under my arm and tried to woo him back to dreamland, but he was having none of it. Jean-Luc just frowned at him.

Then Buddy started to whine.  I shushed him, told him to stop, wiggled beanie piggie in front of him, but nothing worked.  Just as I was was resigning myself to having to get up, Jean-Luc raised himself on one elbow, reached over and soundly smacked Buddy upside the head.  He then re-curled himself into a catnap ball while Buddy shrank back under my arm...in silence.


For those of you who know me and remember the CBC Radio 1 interview that I was part of on Breakaway about a laughter conference I had attended, you will remember a story that I told about being especially upset before Mum's death, and how, when Jean-Luc found me sobbing hysterically on my bed, he swatted me upside the head. Twice.  Apparently he has a low tolerance for hysterics, in people or puppies.  He made me laugh then, and he made me laugh on Saturday.  Poor Buddy didn't find it nearly as amusing, though.  Oh well. He'll learn.

In case you missed the interview, here it is.  I don't think I blogged about it, but it was a tremendous experience, and so much fun!

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Radio/Local_Shows/Quebec/Breakaway/1382749605/ID=2200530716



No comments:

My Zimbio