Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Gratitude in the Midst of the Storm

It is so nice to be back in the blogosphere after a short hiatus (which sounds much better than after a vacation and two weeks of cyber-silence due to malfunctioning computers, don't you agree?)  So much has happened, in the physical, emotional and spiritual realms of my life, and to be honest, it's all sort of swirling around in my head like socks in a spin cycle.  Which usually means that if I try to tell what is going on inside of me, it will all make perfect sense to me and sound like utter gibberish to everyone else. Rather than trying to share the last few weeks worth of thoughts and experiences here, now, I think I'll just write about them gradually, as bits and pieces come flying out of the spin cycle onto the page.  Messy, yes.  But what is life without a bit of messiness?

One word that keeps arising from the whirlwind is "gratitude".  I am especially grateful for the people that God has placed in my life. For my family, and especially for my beautiful daughter, Grace, who turned 18 last week.  For my friends, who "get" me. And who love me anyway.  Some rough things are going on in my life, and I have been a bit worried about who I could trust with my story, my feelings, my heart.  Then came the glorious revelation that I am surrounded by people who are loving and trustworthy, people who want the best for Grace and I, who are supportive and encouraging.  It has not always been this way, but there is a purpose to everything, even if it is to expose darkness and to foster wisdom. 

I am grateful for my life, for the hope that my future holds, for people who remind me that God has a plan for my life, and that there is wonder, joy and peace in that plan.  I am also grateful for those who have taught me that wonder, joy and peace are available to me now, because they are part of the amazing Spirit of Jesus, and Jesus is mine, now.  Jesus is my joy. Jesus is my peace.  Jesus is my laughter, my stability, my hope, my life.

Life is so interesting, is it not?

Peace out.

No comments:

My Zimbio