Monday, November 5, 2012

I've been a naughty blogger...

I am a naughty blogger, a naughty, naughty blogger.  Really, I am quite ashamed of myself. Okay, not really.  Maybe a little sheepish.  If that.

The truth is, I have so many things to write about, there is a backlog building up in my brain.  This could get messy.  There's the raising-children-to-be-disciples-of-Christ thing, and yesterday we went to the Holocaust Museum in Montreal, and my heart and brain are so full of feelings and thoughts, if I don't write them down soon, something may break.  And I need my heart and brain.  Unbroken.  Seriously.

But at the same time, I have been really busy.  School is getting intense and mid-termish, I am working and volunteering and despite my fervent desire to do all of these things in a free-of-pain sort of way, my body doesn't always comply.  So, some days I got to school in the morning, come home to eat lunch and go to bed for an hour or two before I go to work or volunteer.  Or do homework. Or, to a much lesser extent, housework.  I have even fallen into slothfulness in the cooking department.  So we eat...*gasp* cereal for supper a few times.  We're tough. We'll make it.

I miss my blog, though.  I miss what I do here, whatever that is.  It's a part of me.  I have to get more organized, buy a agenda, mark things down...but how does one organize time to think? Or to feel? 

Things will, of course, get easier when this semester is over and I have, at most, one or two classes.  I'll be able to work more, but there will be less homework. 

I have to say, this semester has been a great one.  My marks are really good, and considering my classes, I didn't expect that.  I am running in the high 90's for both yoga (Ack! Who knew?!) and history, and after a rocky start, I am pulling it together in geography and macroeconomics.  I have been offered a new client outside of the agency, which is nice, and while work is challenging, I really enjoy it. I'm dealing with the kind of challenges that I enjoy, and can handle. 

I am feeling physically fitter, more confident, and one of the biggest things that God has been dealing with me about is my tendency to always be waiting for something to happen, for a problem to be solved, for some issue to get better.  He wants me to let go of the problems and issues and simply live in the present. The fact is, wonderful things are happening now, I risk missing out of the enjoyment of them by focusing too much on things that may not be what I want them to be.  As a friend of mine is fond of saying, "It is what it is."  So...if I hand what it "is" over to God, I get to enjoy all the other neat things that is...um, I mean are.  Not everything that "is" has to be hard.  Some things are lovely. 

I have so many things to say, to feel, to share.  I will get the blogging thing together when I can. Until then, I'll keep coming here and being sheepish and telling you what is going on...

I really do want to write about the Holocaust Museum experience, though.  The truth is, I am still speechless.  I don't know how to express what is in my heart.  To be honest, all I can do is cry.  Which is okay.  Some day soon, the tears will give way to words. I look forward to sharing with you.

Have I mentioned how much you, dear readers, rock?  It's true.

Peace out.

No comments:

My Zimbio